Free Virtual Consultation
Start your smile journey with an expert orthodontist who understands your busy life.
Learn if you’re a candidate for treatment from your phone. We'll assess your smile and let you know if treatment is right for you.
First, you'll start by telling us a little about yourself. Then, you'll snap a few pictures of your teeth.
How It Works:
Take 8 pictures of your smile from the angles below.
Need help taking photos?
Text your pictures to (434) 385-4746
Step 3: You’re finished! Dr. Baugher or Dr. Claiborne will assess your photos and will get back to you soon with your treatment plan options.
We will text the cell phone number that submits these photos to respond to your question. Texting, emailing, and Facebook may not be 100% secure based on your carrier and the type of phone you have.
- HIPAA stands for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- HIPAA was passed by the U.S. government in 1996 in order to establish privacy and security protections for health information
- Information stored on our computers is encrypted.
- Most popular email services (ex. Hotmail®, Gmail®, Yahoo®) do not utilize encrypted email.
- Email is a very popular and convenient way to communicate for a lot of people, so in their latest modification to the HIPAA act, the federal government provided guidance on email and HIPAA.
- The guidelines state that if a patient has been made aware of the risks of unencrypted email, and that same patient provides consent to receive health information via email, then a health entity may send that patient personal medical information via unencrypted email.
- For more information visit https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2013-01-25/pdf/2013-01073.pdf.
By sending a request for virtual consultation with email you are accepting the terms and conditions of utilizing non-encrypted email to communicate health information.